30 Fabulous Ways to Spend Your Holiday Gift Cards
Raise your hand if you found a Visa gift card under the Christmas tree… or perhaps an “ugly” sweater you plan to return? If you’ve got holiday cash to spend, virtual or otherwise, we’ve got plenty of ideas for how you can update home with your new budget! To help you spend wisely, we’ve rounded up 30 must-have items for your home, including crush-worthy armchairs, stunning throw pillows, eye-catching accent tables, lamps we love, and awesome finds for your walls. Read on to shop your heart out.
Lamps We Love
A multi-armed antiqued brass chandelier will create a statement in any room in the house, a masculine modern Edison bulb lamp will jazz up your desktop, and a pair of painterly table lamps will instantly elevate your bedroom. Treat yourself to some gorgeous new lighting—it’s the jewelry of the home!
1. Visual Comfort & Co. Bistro Medium Chandelier ($1596) | 2. Jamie Young St. Croix Pendant Lamp ($262.99) | 3. Star Flush Mount, Hand-Rubbed Brass ($295.20) | 4. Madison Table Lamp ($228) | 5. Edison Glass Cloche Table Lamp ($41.24) | 6. Jamie Young Berber White Table Lamp ($437.99)
Bringing a new armchair home can dramatically change both the look and functionally of a room, be it a living room, a bedroom, or a cozy corner in your kitchen. Thankfully, there’s a chair to suit every style under the sun. We’ve rounded up some of our favorites, from a feminine French-inspired striped chair in gray stripes to a pink velvet barrel-backed chair to a masculine Milo Baughman–esque leather chair.
1. Safavieh Esther Armchair ($589.99) | 2. Safavieh Bandelier Reclaimed Teak Arm Chair ($239.99) | 3. Safavieh Parkgate Occasional Chair ($579.99) | 4. Safavieh Devona Arm Chair ($397.99 and up) | 5. Kara Mann for Milling Road Brute Club Chair ($2799) | 6. Kim Salmela Alexander Accent Chair ($1436)
For Your Walls
If your decorating doesn’t quite feel “done,” there might be something missing from your walls. A piece of art or a mirror might just be the perfect finishing touch that your home is begging for. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite finds for your walls, from a mother-of-pearl inlaid mirror to pleated nautical map to a beautiful framed African textile. Something for every wall.
1. Jamie Young Turquoise Pebble Rectangle Mirror ($1375.99) | 2. Baoule Cloth III Framed Textile ($480) | 3. Dawn Wolfe Design Dimensional Flower Pattern ($460) | 4. Jamie Young Evelyn Round Wall Mirror ($900.99) | 5. Dawn Wolfe Design Pleated Martha’s Vineyard Map ($520) | 6. Ren-Wil Oryx Round Mirror ($349.99)
Stunning Throw Pillows
Nomatter how decorated your home is, there’s always room for a new throw pillow here or there. We love to swap them out seasonally, or when we’re hankering for a quick refresh. We’ve rounded up six of the chicest throw pillows around, from an elegant ikat design to a furry Mongolian lamb fur pillow to a bohemian striped number. We love them all—we hope you do, too.
1. Kim Salmela Ikat Cotton-Blend Pillow ($88) | 2. Blush Velvet Throw Pillow ($9.99) | 3. Palm Pillow ($48 and up) | 4. Eddie Bauer Cabin Plaid Square Throw Pillow ($29.99) | 5. Peacock Mongolian Lamb Fur Pillow ($89.99) | 6. Archive New York Antigua Pillow ($132)
Eyecatching Accent Table
If we had a spare gift card laying around, we’d certainly consider adding an elegant accent table to our interiors. Beside a favorite reading chair, in front of a sofa, or flanking a bed or sofa… there are countless places to use an accent table in your home. Here are a few of our favorites, including a Moorish-inspired design, a fashionable pink striped ottoman, and a rope-wrapped piece.
1. Jamie Young Atlas Marble Side Table ($350.99 and up) | 2. Lynley Cocktail Ottoman ($1280) | 3. Olivia Woven Rope Side Table ($236) | 4. Attala Mosaic Stone Side Table ($589) | 5. Gold Metal and Glass Arley Accent Table ($89.99) | 6. David Francis Furniture Italia Side Table ($876)